AYuTe Tanzania Challenge
AYuTe Africa Challenge Tanzania identifies innovative agriculture and technology ideas with the potential to address value chain challenges faced in Crop Production, Livestock, Fisheries, Forest and Natural Resources Management in the country.
About the Challenge
The challenge is an initiative of Heifer Tanzania, which is working closely with Sahara Ventures to run the competition. Sahara Ventures will employ its expertise in business acceleration to develop a strategic direction for youth, agriculture, and technology in line with Heifer Tanzania’s mission and approach.
AYuTe Africa Challenge Tanzania is part of the national edition of the AYuTe Africa Challenge and is open to young agritech innovators across the country.
Innovations will focus on improving production, productivity, income, access to finance, and resilience for smallholder farmers with awards provided to three standout young agritech innovators through a pitch competition.
Prizes total $20,000 in cash awards for the top three winners:
1st > $10,000
2nd > $6,500
3rd > $3,500
Enterprises can expect to receive the following:
1. Cash Prize awards of up to TZS 45,000,000 for the top winners.
2. Customized 2 months incubation program for the top 24 finalists.
3. Customized training boot camps at the various levels of the competition.
4. Technical assistance at the various levels of the challenge to strengthen the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and the business and financial model of the start-up.
5. Coaching and mentorship personalized to unpack training into business implementation.
6. Links to financial & investment opportunities.
7. Networking opportunities to showcase your solution and meet with investors and other stakeholders.
1. Established or registered in Tanzania.
2. Early-stage start-up (less than 3 years old).
3. Have an innovative agri-tech solution responding to the needs of the agri-value chain at various levels (e.g. production, aggregation, post-harvest losses management, value addition, access to markets, financing, etc).
4. Have a focus on impacting the value chain in Crop Production, Livestock, Fisheries, Forest and Natural Resources Management.
5. The innovation should demonstrate a strong potential to scale.
To apply, fill out the application form here - https://bit.ly/AYuteAfriChallengeTZ
The call for applications is open until 23th July 2023 at 11.59 PM EAT. Any queries? Please write to email@example.com
1. Call for Applications: 1st July May 2023 to 23rd July 2023
2. Virtual Info Session: 14th July 2023
1. By entering this challenge, you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions which will govern the competition. Furthermore, you verify that you are unaware of any reason legally prohibiting you from entering this competition and, if the competition requires the submission of photographs, artwork, or images of people, or of anything else that requires consent or copyright, that you have the necessary consent and authority to do so, if required. Any entrant who contravenes these rules may be disqualified from the competition. The rules can only be modified by AYuTe Tanzania in a written revision posted on the challenge application page or any other official challenge communication methods.
2. This is a digital and in-person run competition. Only entries received online via the AYuTe Tanzania official application page will be accepted.
3. You may only enter this challenge if you meet the eligibility criteria as seen on the application page.